1 Terms and Conditions (“Rules”)
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Contest is open to all legal residents of the United States and Canada who are 18 or older as of the date of entry and who enter as set forth in paragraph 4, below. Employees, representatives, Contest judges and mandataries of Payless ShoeSource Worldwide, Inc. (“Payless”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, each entrant (“You”) agrees to these Rules and accepts the decisions of Payless as final and binding as they relate to this Contest.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted from December 4, 2018, at 5:00 AM CST until December 9, 2018, at 11:59 PM CST.
4. How to Enter: Each of the following is a separate entry into the Contest:
(a) Following contest entry instructions at http://cspeoplearepeople.hscampaigns.com/; or
(b) Sharing contest information found at http://cspeoplearepeople.hscampaigns.com/ to your public Facebook or Twitter accounts.
5. Prizes: There are ten (10) prizes. The prizes will consist of one handbag Christian Siriano People Are People handbag, Slip-on Sneaker and Perfume valued at $34.99 USD each. Winners will be allowed to select their preferred item, for their prize valued at $34.99 USD.
6. Winner Selection and Notification: On Tuesday, December 11, 2018, ten (10) entries will be selected as potential winners. The winners will be notified via the Instagram account they used to submit their entry within 2 days following their selection. Payless has no liability for any potential winner’s failure to receive notices due security settings or for any potential winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 2 days from the time notifications are sent, fails to return a completed and executed declaration and release (if required), or does not otherwise comply with these Rules, their prize may be forfeited and an alternate potential winner selected. If a winner’s preferred shoe size is unavailable, Payless will provide the winner with any other pair of Christian Siriano by Payless footwear available at the time on Payless.com.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the Instagram account used to enter the contest will be deemed to be the registrant or entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to the Instagram account. All entries are subject to verification (including a requirement to show proof of identification or proof of being the authorized account holder).
Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of entries.
7. Rights Granted by You: By entering this Contest, You grant to Payless (and its agents, licensees, successors, and assigns) a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide license to use your name, username, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information in any form, media or technology, for news and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent, and agree to waive all moral rights in and to your entry in favor of Payless. You agree to release and hold harmless Payless (and its agents, licensees, successors and assigns) from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action that relates in any way to your entry.
8. Terms & Conditions: Subject in Quebec to the jurisdiction of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, Payless reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part at any time without prior notice or obligation for any reason, including if a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Payless corrupts the security, fairness or proper administration of the Contest. In such case, Payless may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Payless. Payless may disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Rules.
9. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You hold harmless Payless and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (a) Your participation in the Contest and/or acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (d) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (e) electronic or human error in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, this Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and Kansas, without respect to conflict of laws doctrines. As a condition of participating in this Contest and except where prohibited, You agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Kansas having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances are You permitted to obtain awards for, and You waive all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than Your actual out-of-pocket expenses associated with entering this Contest. You further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
For residents of Quebec, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this Contest in Quebec may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. For residents of Quebec, any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
12. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Rules, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The winners' list will be available for 120 days after the Contest Period.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Payless ShoeSource Worldwide, Inc., 3231 SE 6th Street, Topeka, Kansas, 66607.
14. Social platforms: The Contest sponsored by Payless is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter. You release Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter from any liability relating to the Contest.